The Sonic Crew (hereby referred to as “TSC”) provides DJ and entertainment services to its clients across many geographic locations.
To maintain our clients’ trust and loyalty, we are committed to respecting their privacy and protecting their personal information.
When you become a TSC client, or any time you interact or do business with TSC, you agree to the terms of this Policy as updated from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review our Policy. Amendments will be posted on our website and we will take reasonable steps to communicate any material changes. We ask you to review our Policy below to provide information typically sought by clients and clients.
To whom does this Policy apply?
Our Policy applies to all of our clients and visitors who engage with TSC, its web site, TSC mobile application (all versions) that is offered by a third party, TSC’s social media pages including but not limited to TSC forums, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Mixcloud, Soundcloud, Twitch and Twitter, email and phone calls.
What information is covered?
Our Policy applies to personal information that TSC collects, uses and discloses in order to operate TSC and as identified herein. Personal information is any information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual, such as a client’s name, email address, phone number and/or address.
What personal information do we collect?
TSC collects identity and contact information, as well as information on your usage of the app, and your interactions with us through our website, mobile site, mobile application and emails, in order to manage TSC. The following are examples of personal information that we collect:
- When a client initiates contact with TSC, we collect identifying information, such as the client’s name, email address, phone number, date of their event, the venue where the event will take place and other pertinent information that the client wishes to provide.
- To use the app which is provided and services by a third party, you must configure various items within the app to use the app. The app contains your personalized information such as name, email address and phone number along with your event details. Furthermore, the app allows its clients to set their primary password to access the app either via a web browser on a desktop/laptop or mobile app. This password is not transmitted nor communicated to TSC.
- When a client uses or views our website, mobile site and app or emails, we may collect information such as the webpages viewed, frequency of visits, time spent on the site, and location information.
- When a visitor to the website registers to receive newsletters from TSC, the visitors’ email address is captured.
- Mobile Device Data -Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
- Mobile Device Access – The third party app may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s contacts, media such as images and videos, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings. In order to use the app on your smartphone, we may also collect your device’s operating system information and other version related information.
- Push Notifications – The third party app may request to send you push notifications regarding your account , activity or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- When a client fills out a survey conducted by TSC or its agents regarding their preferences, needs or interests, they provide personal information.
- We only provide services, articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers on this website. We may utilize third party web sites to process your payments and deposits. Your credit card details are not transmitted or communicated to TSC.
How do we collect your personal information?
Much of the personal information we collect comes from you, such as when you initiate contact with TSC. This includes your interactions with TSC through our website, mobile site and direct telephone communication. We may also collect personal information through TSC’s social media pages and contests and from our partners when you transact with them.
We rely on you to ensure that your contact information is accurate. We do not update the personal information we receive about you from other sources, unless this is necessary to achieve the purposes for which this information was collected. On occasion, we may acquire additional data from trusted third parties who have the necessary consent to provide such information, in order to help us improve our app and understand your interests and preferences.
Interactions with Other Clients
If you interact with other clients of the Site, those clients may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other clients, chatting with other clients, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all clients and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
Social Media Contacts
If you connect to the Site or our mobile site through a social network, your contacts on the social network may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to administer TSC services and enhance your experience, including sending you industry news, benefits of products, and services of TSC. In doing so, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To contact and communicate with you, such as to arrange and finalize services being delivered or to advise you of changes to services being delivered. Where we have a valid email address for you, we will generally communicate with you by email.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product and service offerings in which you are most interested and to measure the success of various program features and promotions.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your client service requests.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To ask for feedback, ratings and reviews of services or products and your use of the Mobile Application and to solicit support for the Mobile Application.
- To provide you with useful and relevant information about your usage of the app to help you maximize the benefits of TSC.
- To increase the efficiency and operation of TSC.
- To monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Mobile Application.
- To notify you of updates to the obile Application.
- To send you a newsletter.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as postal/zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site and our apps.
- To communicate offers about product and service updates, benefits, products and services provided by TSC, and/or our partners that are most likely to be of interest to certain segments of our clients.
- For quality assurance and record keeping purposes, such as monitoring or recording telephone discussions with our representatives for quality assurance purposes.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To follow up with clients, clients or visitors after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- In the case of a sale of all or part of TSC’s business or assets, or a contract with a potential new partner, to enable potential purchasers or partners to evaluate the business.
- To protect our interests, or as provided or required by applicable laws, such as program fraud detection or where required by a court order.
We will not collect, use or disclose personal information for other purposes without obtaining your further consent, except where authorized or required by law.
With whom do we share your personal information (Third-party disclosure)?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide clients with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our clients, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save client’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the client’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to other websites or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
What are your choices when it comes to the handling of your personal information?
You may withdraw your consent in instances that are beyond what is necessary for the administration of the services provided by TSC. For example, withdrawal of consent to the use of personal information to forward offers of products and services will not result in the loss of your privileges.
You may modify your communication preferences (to receive or not to receive offers) by clicking on the appropriate links at the bottom of relevant emails, or by contacting us.
You should note that even if you withdraw your consent to receive certain offers, you will continue to receive information related to your account or changes to the TSC. You may also receive invitations to participate in surveys, at which time you may choose whether or not to participate.
How do we protect your personal information?
Your personal information will only be collected, used and disclosed, and will only be retained as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as may be required by law.
Your personal information is retained in secure facilities, such as offices and data centres with restricted access. Electronic data is protected by technological means, such as firewalls, access controls and encryption. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personalized settings within the mobile application are stored on our smartphone and to their centralized servers. Any personal information on our servers is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/password information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a client enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
When no longer required, personal information is destroyed, anonymized or disposed of using secure methods. When a client’s account has been inactive for seven (7) years, all personally identifiable information is destroyed. Employees are trained on the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information.
You should note that your personal information may be stored or processed outside of Canada—in this case, it will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is handled.
How can you find out what personal information TSC has?
You can access, verify and update your personal information directly within the mobile app, if you are using our third party app. You may also request access to this information through contacting TSC. You may also update the accuracy or completeness of such information, and request that corrections be made to it.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Clients can visit our site anonymously.
- Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your mobile app on your smartphone
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data clients, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow clients to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL marketing correspondence.
Where can you get more information?
If our Policy does not answer all of your questions, you may contact the TSC Privacy Officer by email at privacy@TheSonicCrew.ca
® The Sonic Crew is a Registered Trademarks of The Sonic Crew Inc.
Last Updated: July 31, 2020